As a part of the Hawaii Business Magazine CHANGE series, the Government & Civics topic will feature a panel discussion on "Improving our Political Climate" on August 20 at 3:00 p.m.
Hear from speakers about:
- The pandemic has revealed further flaws in state and county governments. What can we do to fix the worst of our governments’ flaws?
- The long-term finances of state and county government were dire before the pandemic and now are worse. What are the most important steps we should take?
- By several measures, Hawai‘i has the worst rate of voting in the country. How can we engage more people in civics and meaningful political conversations?
- How can we build consensus and shared purpose in Hawai‘i despite our differences?
The panelists include:
- Christine Sakuda, Executive Director, Transform Hawaii Government
- Colbert Matsumoto, Chairman, Island Holdings
- Jeffrey Laupola, Co-Founder, Every1ne Hawaii
- Colin Moore, Director of the Public Policy Center, and Associate Professor of Political Science
- Jennifer Sabas, Director, Daniel K. Inouye Institute
For more information and to register, click here.